Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Slow Down

I cannot stop thinking about this poor lady....

Yesterday I was walking, in a rush like usual, and right in front of me this woman walks right out into traffic and gets seriously run over by a car. The sound, the site, it was all so terrible. I had to call 911, she was in shock, and her leg was twisted in the opposite direction. Ugghhhh. I just hope she was okay.

Unfortunately, this brought back the memory of when the old man killed himself right in front of my eyes, walking out onto the train tracks. I had nightmares for months after seeing this, mostly because of the sound of the entire body breaking, but I will stop here. It hurts me to even think of this.

This woman was obviously in a rush and was not paying attention like she should have been. I feel terrible for the young girl who hit her because it is going to be hard to get over. She was begging us to stay because she needed witnesses. The lady, in agony, was telling her it was okay and she knew it was her fault. It was just a horrific scene all together.

Anyways. Seriously, this just reminds me to slow down a little. Nothing is worth rushing over. Being 10, 20, 40 minutes late is much better than rushing through life. I woke up this morning an extra half hour early so that I could take my time.

I know its the holidays and we are all rushing around, but please just take the time to slow down. Enjoy the seconds, the moments surrounding you because once you rush by them you can never get them back.

Il bel far niente.

No comments:

Post a Comment