This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me and I cannot even begin to say how thankful I am to have such a great aunt. My words just turn into tears for how grateful I am. And I can't believe I WON!!!
From the Philly.com Daily News Contest
This year we want to pay it forward by asking Daily News and Philly.com readers to tell us who they think deserves these gifts.
Maybe you know of a self-sacrificing special ed teacher. Or a longtime unemployed person who really needs encouragement and some new makeup shades, too.
We’ll read all of your nominations and select 10 winners, each of whom will receive one of every item on our holiday gift list worth $1000.
Please include your nominee’s name, telephone number, address (work or home) and the hours they are typically there. Make sure we know who you are, too. Keep it brief, please.
All entries must received by Dec. 9. We’ll announce the winners before Christmas.
Happy Holidays!
http://www.philly.com/philly/style/134746743.html
And this is what my aunt wrote about me....she is just way too sweet, I love her so much.
My niece Laura deserves it all. She is a beautiful and totally giving person. She is a social worker which is the perfect field for her giving personality. Laura is always the one to give a gift from the heart not the pocketbook. Gifts from Laura have been known to bring tears to your eyes. Laura is a runner like yourself. Her main charity to run for is breast cancer. Laura started with the breast cancer runs when her Aunt Lisa was diagnosed. Her Aunt passed away from the disease a little over a year ago and she still runs for the cure. She has encouraged her sisters to join her last year and they will run together again this year. In my opinion Laura is an inspiration to us all. She may not know it but the whole family admires her. Laura has a very large heart and very strong convictions. She is your typical giver not taker. For such a young woman, she is such a huge inspiration.
There is going to be a follow up story on the winners either tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait to go pick up my gifts today!
Thanks Aunt Renee I love YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment