The Versatool I got at AC Moore and it was quite inexpensive for something so incredibly cool. And with so many parts involved.
It came with the actual wood burning tool and then all the different points. One of the points included was a photo transfer which will be super beneficial down the line.
I bought some practice wood at AC Moore as well and printed some stencils free online. Here is step by step of how it worked.
1. Printed Free Stencils, make sure you do this on xerox or a printer that uses toner.
2. Heated up Versatool with the photo transfer point attached, but not too much because it would burn the paper.
3. Attached stencil face down on wood and began rubbing semi hot tool over it in circular motions. Numerous times.
4. Once the stencil was transferred I carefully switch my attachment to the universal point.
5. From there I began tracing, very lightly over the stencil. It was a bit messy and difficult but I will continue to practice.
Here is my outcome.
I am quite proud of myself considering how difficult it is to actually hold the tool. I thought it would be much easier. I practiced some more last night and I might have gotten worse. But I will keep trying. It is relaxing and it smells good.
No comments:
Post a Comment