Last night was my first attempt with Cauliflower Rice. Rice is honestly one of my most favorite things to eat so it was hard to eliminate from my diet. I am okay to eat Brown Rice but I am still trying to stay as grain free as I can.
There are so many different things you can do with Cauliflower Rice. I chose to have mine hot and simple because I cooked a bunch of veggies to go along with it.
Here is what I used...and I used a bit too much garlic (and I am a garlic freak) so you might want to cut it in half.
1 head of Cauliflower (feeds about four in total)
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
A handful of cilantro
1 Tsp of smoked paprika
1.5 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Honestly all I did was pick the cauliflower off the head and put it in my food processor. And added everything. I chopped up the stuff really quick, because you can't let it get too food processed or it will be not "rice" like.
Mine came out more like couscous but that was fine with me.
I added a bunch of veggies with it :: zucchini, onions, mushrooms, celery.
For my mans...I cooked all the remaining meats from Thanksgiving that were in our fridge. I really hate wasting any type of food regardless of what it is. Luckily both he and I are not opposed to mixing a ton of random shit together at any moment. That actually is how I cook majority of the time. He is constantly surprised with how I make a complete full meal when there is barely anything in our fridge.
Turkey, Chicken, and Brisket. I chopped them all up added a tiny bit of Vegan Mayo (I know go figure but he is obsessed with it) and cooked it all together. He said it was amazing, but I would never know :)
I will be altering this recipe over and over again and might start living off of cauliflower.
No comments:
Post a Comment