It's been the longest, I think, I have ever gone without writing or updating this, but life is crazy for me right now. After accepting this position I realized how much time it actually takes up. Not only do I spend some extra time at work but I find myself working after work which is never good. I know it will slow down so I am just trying to take one step at a time.
Every day is an interesting one for sure. I would like to share a letter a client of mine wrote in regards to some tough times she has been experiencing. This is what keeps me moving.
**Please understand the language/grammar/pronunciation needs work. I decided to capture it how it was written, because it makes it that much more realistic to the challenges these individuals face. To me, of course, its more than meaningful regardless.
Dear Ms. Laura
Words cant explain how much I thank you for being there for me. For helping me out and for getting me though what I need to get though. I notice everybody don't hated me it is people out here that care about me and everybody is not out to get me. I been going though a lot with the pregnancy. And I had no one to turned to now that I see if I let people no how I feel and what I'm going though maybe I will get the help that I need. If it wasn't for you I would still be living on the streets. If it wasn't for you i whould of gave up on myself but God send me an angel and a blessing had came and that was you. Now I looked at things different even though I'm 8 months pregnant with no living or no help its people out here that don't have nothing and going though the worst so I should be thankful for the things that is happening in my life. I should be thankful that it is someone out here that care and wanna help I should be thankful that someone took me before I took myself. And I should be thankful that God is good and he is on my side. I should be thankful that he send me an angel witch is you.
Thank you again Ms. Laura
Words cant explain how grateful I am for you.
Please hear my Cry.
With her reminder of what she is thankful for, I am able to see more of how rich my life is. It is amazing to me that I can ever feel sorry for myself. This is just a reminder of how good I really have it. And whenever I am really really stressed at work, I will take a minute to think of this (or at least try) and remind myself that you can make a difference. Even if it's teeny tiny.
No comments:
Post a Comment