Otherwise known as Valencia.
Just putting it out there now. There is going to be a little bit left out of this post out of respect for certain people. Including my mom. Cause she doesn't need to be hearing all my dirty laundry, she just needs to be doing it, or whatever. It would make for an incredible story and would most likely make you piss your pants, so if I haven't already told you, just ask and I will (maybe) tell.
Arrived in Valencia, via train from Madrid which went smoothly. Even though we were all still saddened from our Madrid departure. We got to our second apartment to be greeted by our AirBnB host's friend, who was mad cool. And the apartment was amazing. Ar and I chose to sleep in the kiddie room so I could practice my Spanish by reading kiddie books right after I sang karaoke on the play microphone.
I am losing my grasp on some things because my thoughts of Valencia are some what clouded. But anyway, we roamed around, footing the city all in one day searching for some stupid tower that we passed just close to a million times. Valencia was much smaller than Madrid so we got most of our sightseeing done the first day.
We had an amazing dinner, at "I don't remember where" but I know it consisted of tacos and patatas bravas of course. After dinner we headed out to the bars. I was somewhat miserable this night because I was sort of tired. But then I drank myself out of misery and became some drunken wild animal.
We proceeded to Bolseria for a drink (or seven in my case) and some dancing. Arianna fucking rocked that shit out like she was at the P. Never knew she had all those moves. We were in the right moment. Shit was awesome. DJ was taking music advice from Jackie, and Fran, well, was just being Fran. I'm pretty sure Fran and Ar were like slipping and sliding at some point, but I don't remember much. Oh wait, and Jackie fell in love. With a dude in a porsche or some shit like that.
And then came darkness. Lots of it.
The next day we decided to take off to go to the beach. Fail. Well sort of. We could not rent bikes, because we were still not understanding that everything closes down between 3 and 5pm. It was impossible for us to start moving prior to these hours considering the shit we do at night. But anyway, we took the train there and it was awesome. Topless and free finally. Jackie got to stick her toes in the Mediterranean for the first time, which is always super special. Fran and Ar had happy hour as usual. I on the other hand was still recovering from the night before. Seriously.
After the beach we decided to take it easy. And by easy I mean we let Ar cook an amazing dinner and drink two bottles of wine. This was one of my favorite nights, because I just got to live in Spain with no distractions, with my lovers. Amazing.
The next day we decided to skip the beach in fear of missing our train. We sat in some park instead, which I don't even think people really sit in. But whatever.
And guess what. We missed our train anyway. Typical.
Valencia was very quick but very memorable to me. It kinda of snapped me back into reality. I will forever hold it close.
Off to Bar.Tha.Lona.
Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment