Wednesday, March 14, 2012

That feeling

Setting: Jay Farrar, Will Johnson, Anders Parkers, & Yim Yames--New Multitudes, tribute to Woody Guthrie 3/13/2012

Wow. The emotion. It's fucking nuts feeling so much emotion in one night. I just gotta blab about it.

Obviously I get to a good amount of shows, spend way too much money on tickets, and lose way too much sleep, however, nights like this make it all worth it. It's all an experience. All an investment. A reminder of passion. Of love. And simple beauty. Music just gets me.

As I am listening to the show last night I remembered to stop, close my eyes, and listen to the sounds. I tend to sometimes get wrapped up in the performance, the crowd, the artists more often than I would like. I was instantly reminded how beautiful the sounds, the lyrics, the art of it all can be. As ridiculous (as always) as I sound, it was one of those moments where I just felt alive.

I think others were feeling the same. I noticed a father and son standing next to me. They were so fucking happy. It got me all sorts of choked up. I love it when you can feel feelings without having the slightest idea of whats going on in someones head. Ahhh those vibes.

Anyways, I remember looking around and feeling like I wanted to remember this all. Like forever. And ever.

And then I started thinking more and more and even more....and for the first time in a long time, I felt like all my dreams were coming true.

I am so thankful I got to feel all this in just one night.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, BEAUTIFUL!! Laur, all passionate souls can relate. Secondly, stop calling yourself ridiculous!!! This is an honest, straight from the heart, kinda statement and I don't want no apologies(:p Thanks for sharing another priceless music moment! Xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blab and blab straight from the heart. After your comment I cried like the little bitch I am. I love you.

      Delete