Low Anthem is pretty much a collection of musical geniuses. The array of musical instruments used amazed me to say the least. A hammer dulcimer, really? I have not seen one of these things on stage yet, however, Joci Adams had that shit down pat. Playing a saw? Really with a bow? Even better. It seemed the band was just pulling stuff out of the garage to create such a beautiful and well, original sound.
Okay...now let me get into the use of the cell phone to make "This God Damn House" so insanely unique. Typically, I would think most bands would be annoyed with the over use and annoyance of cell phones during shows. Low Anthem embraced this technology and insistantly used it to make the sound of crickets at the end of the song. To do this...the band asked us to call the person next to us and put both phones on speaker. I had no idea what to expect. Soon enough the whole joint was cricketing. Sounded like we were straight up chillin in the neck of the woods. Sick. Again amazed, just amazed.
During the show, I took notice to the whole front row of children that were at the show. I figured that down there was a very smart teacher who decided to pack up her kids for the afternoon and use music to get out the classroom to see one awesome band. It got me thinking about those kids and how at least one, maybe two or three, would be influenced by this show. Watching them watch the band in amazement made me so incredibly happy. It is so beautiful to know that something so small can create something so big.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination
and life to everything." ~Plato
After the show....we closed off the afternoon with a never disappointing meal at Sabrinas.
Ohhhhh what a Good Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment